Microbial Cell Production
This facility has the mission to provide technical support to research groups in bacteria/yeast cultivation and associated molecular biology techniques. It aims also at establishing and maintaining collections of expression vectors and host cells for prokaryotic expression systems. These services are available to all researchers and are run by qualified and experienced technicians.
All costs are supported by the research groups.
Our services include:
- Growth of bacteria or yeast on a laboratory-scale in liquid and solid media
- Growth of bacteria at a bioreactor-scale between 30-300 L
- Cell disruption up to a volume of 120 mL
- Assistance in culture media development and optimization
- Plasmid extraction from Escherichia coli at small or large-scale (commercial kits)
- Preparation of chemical or electro-competent cells of E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus and other strains
- Maintenance and organization of biological collections and primers
- Cryopreservation of bacterial strains at -80°C
Different collections have been organized for the whole of ITQB:
- A bank of expression vectors and vectors for over-expression
- A bank of E.coli and other bacterial strains for over-production of recombinant proteins