Small Molecule Analysis
The goal of this facility is to provide assistance and technical advice in analytical and semi-preparative high performance chromatography (HPLC), gas chromatography (GC) and Elemental Analysis. These services are available to all researchers and are run by qualified and experienced technicians. Users can also be trained to run the HPLC systems independently.
All costs are supported by the research groups.
Our services include:
- Chromatographic routine analysis for separation, identification and quantification of chemical and biological compounds using reverse phase (RPC), ion-exchange (IEX), size-exclusion (SEC) and normal phase or adsorption (NP) HPLC chromatography
- Implementation and optimization of new HPLC methods
- Accurate determination of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and sulfur composition in solid and liquid samples of synthetic organic, organometallic, inorganic, polymeric and environmental origin, among others
- Technical support during analysis - troubleshooting of analytical problems, and in the analysis of results
- HPLC, Elite LaChrom VWR (PDA Detector)
- HPLC, Waters semi-preparative (UV/Vis Detector)
- HPLC, Waters Alliance System ( PDA and Fluorescence Detector)
- HPLC, Waters Alliance System ( UV/Vis, Fluorescence and IR Detector)
- UPLC Waters (PDA and Fluorescence Detector)
- Protein Sequencer Procise HT, 491 model, Applied Biosystems
- Leco TruSpec Micro Elemental Analyzer
- Gas chromatograph Trace 1300, Thermo Fisher Scientific (FID detector)