The Chemistry Division at the ITQB NOVA consists of eight individual groups working in diverse areas of chemical research. These range from Organometallic chemistry and catalysis, through supramolecular chemistry, organic and bioorganic chemistry to physical chemistry. Interests within these groups range from biomembrane studies, medical applications of inorganic complexes, organometallic pharmaceuticals, methods for the synthesis of natural and bioactive compounds, and properties of ionic liquids. This small but highly diverse division provides a rich array of research at an international level with interdisciplinary collaborative projects within the institute, between the institutions which make up the Associated Laboratory and also with industry. Thus not only contributing to the nations research status but also to the economic well-being of its means of production.
Head of Division: Beatriz Royo
- Carlos Romão Lab - Organometallic Chemistry
- Chris Maycock Lab - Organic Synthesis
- Eurico Melo Lab - Micro-heterogeneous Systems
- Isabel M. Marrucho Lab - Separation and Extraction Technologies
- Rita Delgado Lab - Coordination and Supramolecular Chemistry
- Rita Ventura Lab - Bioorganic Chemistry